Wednesday, June 19, 2013

The Logic Of A 4 Year Old

There have been many a story told of little boys dropping their drawers outside to take a potty break.  I have never really heard of little girls doing it.  If you haven't either well here is an example for you.

Yesterday I was outside watering my plants/grass which is something I do every night.  We have not sprinkling system or maybe I should say we do but it's in the form of me.  Anyways as I was walking onto my porch when I noticed Eve standing next to a tree talking to her little neighbor friend.  I wasn't sure what they were saying but I heard something a long the lines of "Jack you watch for people".  Now let me explain Eve is 4 and her little friend (who is a boy) is also 4 so yeah.  I thought now what are those to up to when I notice Eve dropping her pants.  I yelled for her to stop and asked what in the world she was doing.  It goes as such:

Me:  Stop! What are you doing?
Eve: (walking up to me with a perplexed look) Mom you know we do this when we camp
Me: Yes but only when we camp because there is no toilet around
Eve: (huffing her way into the house with perturbed look) Jack was keeping a look out for me
Me: Yeah great cause that's a good idea



Did I mention this was in my front yard?  Wow Eve is so different from Lily at times.  Lily will hold it until she finds a toilet even if that means hours or probably days if I let her.  Eve on the other hand gets excited to go camping because she gets to squat.  Now I should probably go next door and apologize to the neighbors about my 4 year old almost flashing their 4 year old.

1 comment:

  1. All I can say to this is...ha haa ha haaa...that was me laughing hysterically because that is so funny! I am glad that girls also think peeing outside is awesome because I thought my boys were the only ones!

    ReplyDelete