Tuesday, June 25, 2013

O What Do You Do In The Summer Time?

The question is what do you do in the Summer time without money?  Will and I decided to really take a good look at our finances and try to become one of those people who call Dave Ramsey and scream "WE'RE DEBT FREE!!"  Let's just say we have a ways to go but hey now is  a good time to start...maybe.  I think maybe starting when school is in session might have been a better plan because I am not faced with how to entertain two little girls on a very strict budget.  I just keep repeating to myself "It will be all worth it in the end".

Last week I got pretty creative and I am happy to report that I did not spend one dime entertaining my kids.  Wow it is possible to do things without money.  I even kept within my gas budget so I'm feeling pretty good about myself.  Also it is Tuesday night and I have not spent money this week either...so far.

Here is a brief list of a few activities we did:

Story Time at the library (Okay this one is not new since I have been doing this every week since Lily was 1.  Yes really I am not exaggerating   The library knows my name as well as the girls names.  I don't even know where I put my library card because they have me pulled up before I get to the counter)


Day at the beach.  Pineview beach that is.  They have a free beach and well it was a relaxing day.  They girls made a friend and I read in the shade for hours.  I was too busy reading to take pictures.

Pretend fishing and reading books.  I took the girls to the river by the train tracks which is really pretty and we pretended to fish.  I did cut my fingers pretty bad when trying to unravel the stupid string and almost got a ticket.  Yes the DNR came to see if we had a fishing license which I didn't even think about.  He took one look at us and knew that we had not chance of catching any fish.  Yep that would take a hook with some bate and even then it's not looking good.




Splashpad at the Morgan Park.  Again I got to sit in the shade and read.  Yeah for me!  Again no pictures

Roasting Marshmellows in the backyard.  Hey the girls loved it!
 Don't worry there is not a fire yet.  They are just making a teepee

We also did lots of little crafty things at home and thank goodness for Lemonade Stands, friends and bikes.


That sums up last weeks event along with a few pics.  Stay tuned to see what other free things I can come up with.


No comments:

Post a Comment