I was sitting in the salon chair about a week ago getting my hair cut. Now this is not something I get to do often maybe 6 months to a year. Yes I know that I am suppose to cut my hair on a more regular basis but it's expensive and I can't just go anywhere. I have been spoiled so I need the best or close to the best.
I'm getting off the subject. As I was sitting there I looked at myself in the mirror. What I mean is I really looked at myself in the mirror. I am not a big fan of mirrors so I try to avoid them or just glance when needed. As I was looking in the mirror I noticed lots of wrinkles and very tired eyes. I realized that I had aged. What when did that happen? I decided that I needed to get out of the chair and get rid of all the mirrors in my house.
Since then I have been thinking a lot about what I saw in the mirror. I also thought about a youtube video going around about women and how they see themselves. If you haven't seen it you need to: http://youtu.be/iswiKQbtwXQ
As I watched this I wondered how I would describe my face. Now this may sound vain but I have always thought that my face really isn't that bad. It's one part of my body that does not disgust me. It's from the neck down that I do not like. Now that my face seems to be going down hill I've decided that maybe I should work on it. Then I thought maybe I should stop complaining about my body and work on that to. Easier said then done. It's not that I haven't tried before with many successes and failures. Well here we go again. Now to change your body I think the first place to start is food. You can work out all you want but to improve your body fully and for the best food is the place to focus.
I have started but cutting out all foods that are not natural. This may be difficult but I figure it's a really good thing for my body. I am also hoping that this will limit or even eliminate all the junk my girls consume. I am not a big candy bar person or fast food even though I do have it from time to time. I do love my licorice and Diet Coke pretty much everyday. Also with Summer coming that means more on the go which brings in Fast Food. I've decided that I will cut these things out altogether.
In order for this to happen I will have to plan ahead so that when we are out on the go and meal time comes around I will need to have food packed from home. Hey this may even help out on the wallet.
I've also decided that I can have desserts but there are plenty of desserts that I can make from home that do not require preservatives. The name of the game here is Natural. No desserts that come in a package. I would like to think that I am living back in the time of the pioneers where they didn't have all the fast food or limited supply of sugar treats. I am extremely grateful to take advantage of all the other modern stuff such as indoor plumping and air-conditioning.
So there you have it that's my new goal. Now feel free to share things that work for you and your families. I'm all for new ideas.


I eat loads of spinach! I use it in place of any lettucey stuff. I am a health food idiot but I have been told that it is a great source of protien and increases your blood oxygen level. I eat spinach salad, I put it on sandwiches, I put it in eggs with feta and mushrooms, smoothies.
ReplyDelete