I won't lie I've had some pretty hard slaps in the face in the last two years in ways I did not see coming. Will and I have literally been to hell and back since getting married. We've jumped over some difficult hurtles that I never thought I would have to jump over. I thought I had some of the worst behind me. However since moving to Mountain Green and really getting settled into a neighborhood I've learned some difficult lessons.
Let me start by saying that it's not Mountain Green that is the problem here. It's just that since being married this is the first place we have really called home. It's also the longest place we have lived since tying the knot. I truly believe that some of the stuff I have faced could have and probably would have happened anywhere. I just want to start this post by making it clear that I love Mountain Green and all of Morgan County. It really is an amazing place to live and to raise children.
Okay with that said here is what I have learned
Number 1 There is at least always one crazy lady in the neighborhood. I think I may have won the jackpot on the most crazy lady. It's a never ending roller coaster of excitement with that one. My resolve to that problem avoid avoid avoid.
Number 2 Even though I can officially say I am well into my adulthood years there are many days where I feel I may still be in High School. That's all I'm going to say about that one.
Number 3 I will never keep up with the Joneses. There are lots of Joneses up here and well it's just not even worth worrying about. Let me state that there is nothing wrong with "The Joneses". I love/like most of those up here that fit into that category. I just find that some days I wish I was them. For example I would love to have a house cleaner sometimes.
Number 4 It took me a bit to figure this one out but your closest friends (in the neighborhood) are not who I would have thought they would be. I am extremely grateful for my friend and for knowing when I need a lift-me-up-call on that random hard day. So blessed to have my friend who really loves and cares about me and my family.
Number 5 Not a surprise here but I do not belong to the popular club. Yes there are popular clubs up here and I am so not in it. I guess this could fall into number 2.
Number 6 This just may be the biggest lesson I have learned to date since moving here. Keep to myself!! I can't stress that enough. Wow if there is one thing I have learned is that I am much better off not getting to involved or personal with people. A close friendship can backfire in a huge explosion and the damage is extremely painful.
So with that said I probably said to much on my semi-private blog to have another explosion. O well what do you do?







Oh Al, I wish we lived by each other. 'Cause then WE would be the popular group and everyone would envy us. We'd be too busy laughing and having fun together to care about keeping up with the Joneses. And we already know each other's deepest, darkest... so keeping to ourselves wouldn't be a problem.
ReplyDeleteI love you. You are awesome!